XIAOMI USERS-THERE’S SOMETHING FOR YOU!
The chinese hit brand XIAOMI has given a wonderful news to its users in the statement “GET UPDATED TO
MIUI 10.” The MIUI 10, Xiaomi’s stock and aftermarket firmware was unveiled on 8 June, 2018 in China.
But the biggest news and a huge accomplishment of Xiaomi is that the MIUI 10 China Alpha 8.7.2 is now been rolled out in the market for 11 Xiaomi’s models.
The MIUI is available in two forms: the first being The MIUI China Stable and the another one, The MIUI
Global Stable. As the names are different, so are the various aspects related to both the ROMs different. The
MIUI Global ROMs have Google Play services integration, while MIUI China ROMs don’t have the Google Play services integration but the Xiaomi’s online services. Various other features such as Languages and regional-specific functionality are different.
The similarity between both the ROM is that both of them have the best photography mode, i.e. PORTRAIT
MODE. The MIUI Global ROM comes preloaded with the AI Portrait mode whereas the MIUI China is to be
updated again to introduce the mode in it.Xiaomi has already detailed the roll-out schedule for both MIUI China ROM as well as the MIUI Global Beta
ROM. Since the launch of the MIUI 10’s announcement, many of the company’s handsets have received MIUI 10
China’s both Alpha/Beta variants as well as MIUI 10
Global Beta variant ROMs.
THE XIAOMI DEVICES FOR UPDATE OF MIUI 10
CHINA ALPHA 8.7.2 :
Redmi Note 4X, Redmi 4X, Redmi Note 5, Redmi Note3,
Redmi Y1, Redmi Y1 Lite, Mi 6, Mi 5X, Mi 5S, Mi Mix 2S,
Mi Max 2.
INSTALLATION PROCESS FOR MIUI 10:
1. Setup ADB and Fastboot on your computer(in case
you don’t have it).
2. Connect your phone to your PC.
3. Download the right TWRP for your phone.
4. Download the Google apps package.
5. Download the right MIUI 10 build for your phone.
6. Transfer the MIUI 10 ROM and GApps package from
your PC to your phone.
7. Reboot to the bootloader by powering off your phone and holding down the power key and volume down keys
8. Boot TWRP on your device with the following command:fastboot boot /path/to/twrp.img
9. Once you have booted into TWRP, tap on “Wipe” and then “swipe to factory reset” to do a factory reset. This
may not be necessary, but it’s always recommended when flashing a beta update of a major operating system
10. Go to “Install” and find where you stored the MIUI 10 ROM. Select it and flash it.
11. Tap “back” and then flash the Google apps package.
BINGO! You have successfully updated to the mighty MIUI 10 CHINA ALPHA 8.7.2. Now it’s time for you to
enjoy the wonderful features of the version.