‘’WAY” TO HEALTHY LIFE
The present era is an era of race. We know that there is nothing pure, even then we are still playing with our lives. This negligence is welcoming the bunch of diseases. Now the question is ”Are you healthy?” Being healthy does not only mean free from diseases because health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not just merely absence of disease or infirmity. Here are some tips for you and your family by following which you can achieve a healthy lifestyle…
- Do not skip your meals especially your breakfast.
- Use household chores as an exercise class.
- Turn on the music and tackle them with vigour.
- Exercise while watching TV (for example, use hand weights, stationary bicycle/ treadmill/ stair climber, or stretch).
- Stand up while on the telephone.
- Don’t snack throughout the day, have meals at fixed timings.
- Keep a bowl of fruits ready in refrigerator and munch it whenever you feel hungry.
- Take fitness breaks (walking or doing desk exercises) instead of taking cigarette or coffee breaks.
- Have fruits as a mid morning snack.
- Carry your lunch from home and restrict yourself to it.
- Keep healthy munches like roasted chana and roasted namkeens for emergency hunger pangs.
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water during your office timings.
- Try doing some stretching exercises in your free time.
- To reduce stress at office opt for a glass of cold water instead of going for coffee/ cigarettes.
- Be physically as well as mentally active.
- Pay full attention to whatever is being taught in the class to avoid any last moment tension.
- Carry “home made food” in tiffin and finish it all.
- Avoid having any junk or fried stuff from school canteen or vendors outside the school.
- Do not bunk your physical education class, instead play out vigorously and burn out the excess fat to get back in shape.
- Avoid the extremes of overeating or under eating just before the exams/ result.
- Use non-stick utensils for cooking.
- Prefer using methods that require less oil like roasting, baking, steaming, boiling, etc.
- While making chapatti’s do not sieve the flour, instead add soy flour or wheat bran to it as it increases the fiber content.
- Pressure cook the food instead of cooking in open pan.
- When preparing noodles/ pasta/ pizza/ cutlet, add lots of vegetables to it.
- To increase the palatability of food, rather than adding extra ghee/ butter, just squeeze few drops of lemon before serving.
By ~ Steffy Brizawar