15 TASTY & HEALTHY SNACKS FOR KIDS
We have everything in our kitchen or fridge but still, we waste our time in thinking about what to make healthy but tasty snacks or easy snacks for kids. Here you will know healthy snacks recipes which will be terrific for the kids and can be made easily. The quantity of meal will depend on the appetite of your child, you can increase the quantity according to your need.
Veg Aalo tikki
- Potato (rich in starch)
- Capsicum (good for the healthy heart and have cancer prevention quality)
- Onion (good dietary fiber & protein source, have it. C)
- Carrot (highly nutritious- Vit. A, antioxidants, etc.)
- Ginger (relieve loss of appetite)
- Coriander (good source of minerals)
We usually use ghee or butter on healthy snacks for kids but you can use oil. Make a ball from above material by chopped them and cook it on medium flame then serve hot.
Vegetable cheese sandwich
- Wheat / brown bread (better from white bread & healthy also)
- Cucumber or any other salad vegetable (low in fat and calories naturally)
- Cheese slice (good source of calcium and protein)
Spread the butter on bread then put the slices of vegetable or cucumber then cheese slice. Make the sandwich and serve. Don’t need to cook and just enjoy this.
- Fruits (full of nutrition and water)
- Salt (good amount of sodium)
- Lemon (rich in Vit. C)
Chopped the fruits and add salt or chaat masala and lemon and serve it.
Boiled chickpeas or kidney beans
- Chickpeas (good source of fiber & protein, vitamins)
If you have boiled chickpeas or kidney beans then you can serve that in place of light snacks. Add salt or lemon or any chutneys to taste. It is so easy snacks to make.
- Dry fruits
- Fresh chapatti
- Jiggery or powdered sugar
- Ghee or butter
If your kids don’t like to eat chapattis then you can make this good healthy snack. Take all the ingredients in crushed state and grind it. Then make the ladoos which will be very soft and you will be surprised that your kid has eaten chapattis.
Raw cottage cheese or paneer
- Paneer (high in protein)
- Salt or another masala which you want (for taste)
Kids usually like cottage cheese so cut it into dices and add salt. A very easy evening snack for kids is ready.
Battercake or uttpam
- Rice flour (good source of Vit. A)
- Vegetables (as per your choice) (chopped)
- Salt, red pepper, roasted cumin powder
Add ghee to the pan and make the batter from the above material. This battercake will be s oft for hours so that your children can have these type of easy delicious snacks easily.
Tortilla with potato pea veggie (stuffed parantha)
- Wheat flour
- Potato pea veggie
Make batter for rolling chapatti then cut it into your favorite shape then cook it from both sides but not properly. Then, add veggie in middle of it and join the shape ends with a wheat-water solution and now cook it properly and serve hot.
- Curd (good source of Vit. B12 which is good for digestion)
- Mashed potato
- Salt and roasted cumin powder
Take all ingredients in a bowl and serve it. It is a good healthy snack, especially for good stomach.
Stuffed dal parantha
- Wheat flour
- Cooked split red gram
Kneading the wheat flour with cooked split red gram which has everything water and masala s doesn’t need to add things. Make chapatti and half cooked it and place a slice of cheese and fold it so the cheese doesn’t overflow then again cook it.
- Roasted Oats cereals
- Dry fruits
Mix all ingredients except yogurt and then spread into the tray, freeze it and cut into shapes. Dip in yogurt and enjoy easy delicious snacks.
- Wheat flour
Mix them with a little salt then cover batter for some time. Then roll up to thin layer then cut into chips and baked it and enjoy.
Chocolate peanut butter balls
- Peanut butter
- Melted chocolate
Mix them except chocolate. Make balls and dip into chocolate and enjoy easy delicious snacks.
- Water and salt
Boil cauliflower with salted water and crushed it. Then add crumbs and cheese. Make shape and bake for 20 min at 200 C.
Homemade soft pretzels
- Sugar and salt
- Yeast (you can take substitute)
Take water, sugar, salt, and yeast mix them and wait for 5 min. then add flour and knead it and leave it in a warm place by cover it. After 1 hour roll it and make it in your favorite shape and soak it in boiled water with baking soda. Take out from this boiled water then brush with egg wash or milk and bake it for 12 minutes and enjoy.
By ~ Steffy Brizawar