Russia: The world’s largest country
Russia pronounced as Rossiya many times is a country in Eurasia. It has its size of more than 17000000 square kilometers, thus, making it the world’s largest country by area. Russia covers more than 1/8th of the world and also lists in number 9 for its population. Its capital is Moscow and it’s also one of the largest cities in the world. Russia is too big that it has 11 time zones! Being the largest country this country also seeks lots of tourists throughout the year. This place has the coldest and the hottest temperature vary from time to time. And it’s the only country in the world where there is daytime in one side while night on the other.
Facts About Russia
- The border of Russia is almost 20000 km. long which makes it the second longest in the world.
- Russia is the largest country in the world and beats the US as its size is twice that of US.
- Russia has a permanent seat in the United Nations Security Council.
- The Russians use the Cyrillic alphabet system instead of the Latins.
- It’s the only country where the population rate is declining by 0.02% every year and that’s really shocking.
- Russia is the only country in the world that has the highest rate of literacy it means 99.8% of the people can read and write.
- Moscow which is the most visited place by the tourists is a home for most of the billionaires which is the highest in the world.
- Russia has its National Income of about $15000.
- The economic system of Russia ranks at 7th in the world.
- Though a great country still the corruption rate is very high.
- The recruitment in the Russian army begins at the age of 17 only for men’s.
- It is the only country which has 12 active volcanoes.
- Russia is the second largest producer of natural gas and in 2011 it became the world’s leading oil producer.
- There are more than a thousand companies that offer communication systems.
- Russians have a great taste in Vodka, they are much fond of that.
- It is so funny but by 2011 any drink that contains less than 10% of alcohol was considered to be a non-alcoholic substance.
- The longest railway line in the world is Trans-Siberian Railroad which is present in Russia and connects Moscow to Russia till the Far East. The journey would take almost 150 hours to complete non-stop.
- Russia lies in Asia as well as Europe.
These were some fascinating facts about the world’s largest country.