These delicious ones will help you bring people with different tastes, bringing
together in one love named ‘Chocolate’.
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Serves: 12 cup cakes
1 cup coconut milk
¾ cup sugar
1/3 cup canola oil
1 ½ tbsp sunflower oil or olive oil
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
¾ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 f or you can preheat the karahi with salt in it at high flame for 10 minutes. Line a 12 – cup muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl , whisk together the coconut milk, sugar , oil , vinegar and vanilla.
3. In another bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt until combined.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing until just combined to form a smooth batter.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared cups, filling each about 2/3 full. Bake for 17 – 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake emerges clean.
6. Let cool completely before frosting. For frosting whisk cream, butter or powdered sugar with vanilla extract and fill in piping bag and decorating tip. Enjoy!!
DARK CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE
Preparation time: 15 min
Cook time: 25 min
Serves: 5 people
Chocolate cupcake batter-
1 1/3 cup sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
Pinch sea salt
1 cup cocoa powder
1/3 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup buttermilk
3 tbsp butter (melted)
1/3 cup coffee (warm)
Dark chocolate frosting-
1 ¼ cup – 300ml cream
2 ½ tbsp. – 2ml corn syrup
1. Mix all dry ingredients together into a bowl.
2. Melt butter in a pot and then add the coffee.
3. Add to butter/ coffee mixture to the buttermilk.
4. Pour liquid mixture over dry ingredients and mix until just combined, about 1 minute do not over mix it.
5. Using a spoon, pour it into cupcake molds. Fill about ½ way up.
6. Bake at 160 C for approx.. 20 – 25 minutes (or you can use karahi method). Insert a toothpick into the center to check.
7. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate for 30 seconds until completely melted. Be careful not to burn the chocolate.
8. Then in a saucepan heat cream and corn syrup until hot.
9. Add the cream to the chocolate while stirring in 3 stages to create a smooth cream. Allow mixture to set overnight or until spreadable.
10. Spread on to cupcake or use a piping bag and decorating tip. Serve and enjoy!!
FLUFFY COCONUT CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
Preparation time: 20 min
Cook time: 30 min to 50 min
For chocolate cupcake-
Same as above
For cream filling –
2 large egg whites room temperature ( you can use the substitute of egg-like flax seed)
12 tbsp granulated sugar
¼ tsp cream of tartar
8 tbsp light corn syrup
Pinch of salt
4 tbsp water
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup powdered sugar
For decorating –
3 – 4 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
4 to 5 drops food coloring of choices
1. Prepare cupcakes as above. Once fully cooled, cut the top of cupcakes. Turn cupcakes upside down, remove center from the bottom of cupcakes using a .50 inch round cookie or hollow out the center with a knife.
2. Place cakes on parchment paper before filling. For filling of cream, combined granulated sugar , corn syrup , salt and water in a small saucepan. Over medium heat, mixture bring to boil.
3. While sugar mixture boiling, add egg white or substitute and cream of tartar to a bowl. And whipped on medium speed until soft peaks form.
4. Now mix sugar mixture and whipped mixture in a bowl at a medium speed of mixer and beat until stiff, glossy peak form and mixture has cooled.
5. Now fill this in a piping bag for frosting. With remaining of this mixture add butter, vanilla extract and powdered sugar, whipped until smooth.
6. Fill the bag with cream filling and fill the center of cupcakes. Cover and place in refrigerator for 30 min. then do frosting.
7. For decorating place coconut powder , simple or colored. Serve and enjoy.