How to apply for aadhar card through various means
The AADHAR Card is now mandatory for various processes in India. Also it serves as a proof of identity of an individual. So if you haven’t got your AADHAR, it is a golden opportunity for you to apply for your AADHAR Card. Following is the procedure to apply:
- Find an enrolment centre near you. Log on to https://aadharcarduid.com/aadhar-card-centerto find the centre.2. Once you have found the centre, you can book an appointment online. You can even visit the centre without booking the appointment online. Alternately, you can book the appointment through official website https://aadharcarduid.com/aadhar-card-apply-online3. Arrange the supporting documents which requires 1 proof of identity, 1 proof of address and 1 proof of date of Birth.4. On visiting the AADHAR card centre, you need to fill the enrolment form. The enrolment form is available online also on https://uidai.gov.in/images/uid_download/enrolment_form.pdf.5. You can take printout and fill it before visiting the centre.
- 6. With supporting documents submit the enrolment form. You need to submit biometric proof as well.7. Once all the details are collected, you will get an acknowledgment slip for your enrolment. This will be 14 digit enrolment number which will help you keep a check on the status of your application. Also, you can file your income tax return by mentioning this AADHAR enrolment ID.8. Central Agencies will verify the data and on successful verification of the data, AADHAR number will be sent to your given address through post. It can take up to 90 days (3 months) for the AADHAR card to reach to your address.
How to check the current status of allotment of AADHAR Card Online?
To check the status you have to go to the UIDAI website and use the enrolment number to see, if you have been allotted an Aadhar number.
In the acknowledgment slip (enrollment number), look for these 2 items on the top:
1. 14-digit enrollment number
2. Date and time of enrollment
Documents that serve as proof of Identity :
2. PAN card
3. Ration/PDS Photo card
4. Voter ID
- Driving license6. Government Photo ID Cards/service photo identity card issued by PSU7. NREGS Job Card
- 8. Photo ID issued by Recognized Educational Institution9. Arms License
- 10. Photo Bank ATM Card11. Photo Credit Card
- 12. Pensioner Photo Card13. Freedom Fighter Photo Card
- 14. Kisan Photo Passbook
- 15. CGHS/ECHS Photo Card16. Address Card having Name and Photo issued by Department of Posts17. Certificate of Identify having photo issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead.
Documents that serve as proof of Address:
3. Post Office Account Statement/Passbook
- Ration Card5. Voter ID
- 6. Driving License7. Government Photo ID cards/service photo identity card issued by PSU8. Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months)9. Water bill (not older than 3 months)10. Telephone Landline Bill (not older than 3 months)11. Property Tax Receipt (not older than 3 months)12. Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months)
13. Insurance Policy
- 14. Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead15. Signed Letter having Photo issued by registered Company on letterhead16 and a Signed Letter having Photo issued by Recognized Educational Instruction on letterhead17. NREGS Job Card
- Arms License19. Pensioner Card
- Freedom Fighter Card21. Kisan Passbook22. CGHS/ECHS Card
- Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead24. Certificate of Address issued by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas) Income Tax Assessment Order25. Vehicle Registration Certificate
- Registered Sale/Lease/Rent Agreement27. Address Card having Photo issued by Department of Posts28. Caste and Domicile Certificate having Photo issued by State Govt.29. Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT Governments/Administrations30. Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months)31. Passport of Spouse
- Passport of Parents (in case of Minor)Documents that serve as proof of Date of Birth:1. SSLC Book/Certificate Passport2. Certificate of Date of Birth issued by Group A Gazetted Officer on letterhead
By – Vaibhav Srivastava